Scam Alert Consumer Protection Warns About Apple …
Press Releases 04/17/2019 Scam Alert: Consumer Protection Warns About Apple Store Mystery Shopping Scam Wednesday, April 17 th, 2019 – The Department of Consumer Protection (DCP) has been made aware of a mystery shopping scam asking consumers to purchase Apple Store gift cards at their “local Apple Store” in exchange for $200.00, or $300.00 if you’re eligible for a bonus.
New Apple scam more sophisticated than usual
· This email scam looks like a legit email from Apple and contains a link to dispute that purchase. You’ll then get a warning that your account’s been locked for security reasons.
New Apple voice phishing scam looks just like a real …
· A new voice phishing scam is going after iPhone users in a clever new way: by making calls seem like they are coming directly from Apple Support. Brian Krebs reported today
A message about iOS security
APPLE STATEMENT September 6, 2019 A message about iOS security Last week, Google published a blog about vulnerabilities that Apple fixed for iOS users in February.
iPhone 11 Pro used as bait in phishing scams targeting …
Another scam directs targets to click on a link and confirm their account details that have been edited to look like an official Apple link in order to take control of your Apple ID, used to
Scam Email – Apple iCloud – Well Eye Never
· Millions of people own Apple devices, so it’s inevitable that scammers will try to take advantage of that. I mentioned an iTunes scam last year, but even more common and dangerous are scams that try to access your iCloud account, and I’ve received one such email this week.
How to spot fake Apple ID and iTunes scam emails – …
How to spot fake Apple ID and iTunes scam emails – and what to do if you get them Don’t get caught out by scammers: spotting a phoney Apple email is easy if you follow our top tips Revealed By
16 phishing scams that consumers need to be aware of in …
· The Apple invoice phishing scam email contains a malware-infected attached purporting to be an invoice from iTunes or Apple. 16 business email/mobile phishing tricks to be aware of in 2019 Phishing and security awareness best practices for healthcare
Apple urges iPhone, iPad users to update devices to fix …
Apple is urging iPhone and iPad users to update to iOS 14.4 ASAP to fix security bugs that may have already been “actively exploited.” Under updates for the Kernel operating system, Apple
Latest security alerts
Phishing email – March 2019 There have been reports of a scam which is using an ANZ-branded phishing email, with the aim to steal the login credentials and security question responses of ANZ customers. Customers may see an email with the display name of
Apple Store scam sees users losing $1.6 million in Bitcoin
Apple users have lost over $1.6 million worth of Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies to hackers after falling victims to a sophisticated phishing attack involving a fake version of the popular Trezor wallet on the firm’s ‘App Store,’ reported the Washington Post on Tuesday.
A scam targeting Americans over the phone has resulted …
· A whopping 26,379 people reported being a victim of some sort of phishing scam. Together they reported nearly $50 million in losses.
Apple warns customers to watch out for a new wave of …
· Emails about your App Store, iTunes Store, iBooks Store, or Apple Music purchases will never ask you to provide this information over email: Social Security Number Mother’s maiden name
Scam alert: Be wary of calls you receive from ‘Microsoft’ …
· Scam alert: Be wary of calls you receive from ‘Microsoft’ or ‘Apple ’ Posted on March 26, 2021 6.1k SHARES Share Tweet Subscribe A very dangers scam is making the rounds again, and it’s one that you really need to be aware of. It works something like this
Spam In your Calendar? Here’s What to Do. — Krebs on …
· Tags: calendar spam This entry was posted on Tuesday, September 3rd, 2019 at 2:56 pm and is filed under Security Tools.You can follow any comments to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both
Beware of Apple Support Phishing Scams
The scam starts with an automated phone call , disguised with the company’s logo, address and phone number. The call will warn of a security breach and ask the victim to call back using a 1-866
Apple security message re virus & vpn
· Hello, I just had a message come to my iphone via the Safari app, and it said my phone may have been infected with a virus and I should install a vpn. The Safari app was opened when I woke my phone up out of sleep mode and that is what was there. There were 2 buttons to install or cancel. I